Beginning Monday, April 22nd, as part of the LIRR Expansion Project from Floral Park to Hicksville, construction will begin on a new three-level, 676-space parking structure near the Westbury Station north of the LIRR tracks – the structure will occupy the current surface parking lot south of Scally Place. The new garage will retain 106 surface parking spaces and will add a net increase of 474 parking spaces.
During construction, village permit holders can use the lot south of Westbury Station; non-village permit holders will have access to free parking at the Source Mall located at Old Country Road and Fortunoff Way. Shuttle busses will convey LIRR customers between Westbury Station and the parking lot as follows:
Shuttle service intervals
- 20-minute intervals during Peak periods (5:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
- 30-minute intervals during Off-Peak periods
Shuttle pick-up/drop-off locations
- Lesso parking lot: Northwest side of the lot off Old County Rd
- Westbury Station: North side of the station, east of the taxi service on Union Avenue
Parking in the South Lot permitted
- Weekdays: 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Village of Westbury resident permit holders only
- Weekdays: 6:00 p.m. – Midnight, parking is open, free and unrestricted
- Weekends/federally recognized holidays: 5:00 a.m. – Midnight, parking is open, free and unrestricted
- No overnight parking
This new commuter parking structure will help accommodate a future increase in capacity on the LIRR in Westbury. For more information, please visit the Westbury North Parking Structure project page on AModernLI.com – http://www.amodernli.com/project/westbury-north-parking-structure/.